httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Jem Berkes" <jb-ht...@users.pc9.org>
Subject Re: mod_smtpd design.
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2005 15:52:26 GMT
Where are we in the mod_smtpd design/task allocation? Since there are
several people involved we're really going to have to divide up the tasks
and at least decide on how our various modules will communicate. I'd like
to start coding, if one of the mentors could push me in the direction they
want please :)

As I understand it, we want to produce one module that deals with the SMTP
protocol, and a separate module to handle mail delivery (probably via
procmail is easiest for now). Does this mean we should also produce
separate modules, one for incoming and one for outgoing mail transactions?
In other words, several modules:

- SMTP protocol library
- Incoming SMTP mail (hook connection/server)
- Outgoing SMTP mail (spooling, DNS MX, sendmail-ish)
- Delivery of SMTP message (to local, e.g. pipe to procmail)

Or is that getting too fragmented?