httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Parin Shah <parin....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: mod-cache-requestor plan
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2005 06:33:36 GMT
Hi All,

We are now almost at consesus about this new mod-cache-requester
module's mechanism. and now I believe its good time to start
implementing the module.

But before I could do that, I need some help from you guys.

- I am now comfortable with mod-cache, mod-mem-cache, cache_storage.c,
cache_util.c etc.

- But still not too sure how to implement couple of things.

1. How to start the new thread/process for mod-cache-requester when
server start. any similar piece of code would help me a lot.

2. how mod-cache-requester can generate the sub request just to reload
the content in the cache.

3. In current scheme, whenever mod-cache-requester pulls first entry
from pqueue ('refresh' queue) it re-requests it to reload. now by the
time this re-request is done, page might actually have been expired
and removed from cache. in such case should mod-cache reload it or
should wait for next legitimate request.

Your thoughts on any/all on these issues would be really helpful.

Thanks
Parin.