httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Parin Shah <parin....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: mod-cache-requestor plan
Date Sun, 17 Jul 2005 18:22:13 GMT
> you should be using a mix of
>
> # requests
> last access time
> cost of reproducing the request.

Just to double check, we would insert entry into the 'refresh queue'
only if the page is requested and the page is soon-to-be-expired. once
it is in the queue we would use above parameters to calculate the
priority. Is this correct? or let me know If I have mistaken it.

> see memcache_gdsf_algorithm() in mod_mem_cache.c for an implementation
> of this, which assumes 'length' of request is related to the cost of
> reproducing the request.
>
> the priority queue implementation is sitting in mod_mem_cache, and could
> be used to implement the 'refresh' queue I would think.

I feel comfortable with mod-cache and mod-mem-cache code now. but we
also need to start new thread/process for mod-cache-requester when
server starts. I am not too sure how we could implement it. any
pointers to the similar piece of code would be really helpful to me.

Thanks,
Parin.