httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 1.3 and 2.0 releases?
Date Sat, 09 Jul 2005 12:32:36 GMT
On 7/8/05, William A. Rowe, Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> I know a few folks were expecting this note last Friday...
> here's the scoop.
>
> Jeff's patch to 2.0 was lovely.  What's not lovely is that the
> chunked request processing has been hosed since at least 2.0.54.
> As much as I'd rather just commit his patch and release, there
> is a deeper problem going on that I'm investigating.

Please post a reproduction case so that we can determine if this is a
long-standing problem or a very recent regression.  Much of the crowd
isn't going to worry about shipping a new release which doesn't
correct a long-standing problem.

> Until I can get 2.0 to serve all my test cases, it's somewhat
> pointless to push out a release.

I am still up to the eyeballs with other stuff, and other people may
be as well since there hasn't been a lot of help with your patches.
Consider limiting your concern to regressions over the past couple of
releases and publicized security issues and forget absolutely
everything else, if it is important to get a release out within the
week.

Respectfully,

Jeff