httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Akins, Brian" <Brian.Ak...@turner.com>
Subject Re: mod-cache-requestor plan
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2005 17:18:53 GMT

On 7/14/05 9:59 AM, "Ian Holsman" <lists@holsman.net> wrote:

> that wouldn't keep track of the popularity of the given url, only when
> it is stored.

Which would be a useful input to something like htcacheclean so that it does
not have to scan directories.

> The priority re-fetch would make sure the
> popular pages are always in cache, while others are allowed to die at
> their expense.

So every request for an object would update a counter for that url?

I still think this would be better handled as an external process with some
"glue" between it and apache (IPC, dbm, shm, etc.).

Both approaches have disadvantages.  I guess you just have to choose your
poison :)

--
Brian Akins
Lead Systems Engineer