httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: SSI for gzipped files
Date Fri, 22 Jul 2005 21:40:18 GMT
At 04:17 PM 7/22/2005, Jem Berkes wrote:
>> I have an idea for someone to implement and give me credit for. I
>> recently needed to have my SSI work from a gz file. The server-intensive
>> way to make
>
>Interesting, I've wanted to accomplish the same thing but couldn't figure
>out a good way to do it. Maybe there are a lot of people who need this?

I think we need a slightly more intellegent hook insertion
schema; something that a hook can identify what C-L/C-T/T-E that
it can grok (SSI would play stupid, of course) and httpd would
inject appropriately registered filters in front, and afterwards.

The exact schema and syntax escapes me at the moment, but this is
something that interested Nick Kew, refactoring our filter ordering
and registration schema.  You raise a good point for the crowd to
consider.

Bill