httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Hackathon Attendees
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2005 17:55:34 GMT
At 12:44 PM 7/18/2005, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
>On Jul 18, 2005, at 10:26 AM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>
>>Please remember that decisions need to be made on dev@.
>>Hopefully high-bandwidth discussions will generate some pretty
>>slick code and solutions.  Although those in the rest of the
>>world will be lagging a bit, the history of the project, the
>>decisions and discussion need to continue to occur on dev@.
>
>Yeah, no kidding.  We haven't made any decisions yet.  Decisions
>are what happens when people vote on releases or changes.  Did one
>of those go by and I didn't notice?  Nope.

Yup - branching 2.1.x - 2.2.x - trunk.

At that time Justin strongly disagreed with branching 2.2.x (although
he agreed with splitting 2.1.x from 2.3.x).  But this discussion all
occured in May.  It's July.  Where is the warning that this is happening,
results of the vote, or whatever?

Sorry, got blindsided by that fork today and I'm not appreciating it.

Bill