httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <>
Subject Re: svn commit: r219372 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: CHANGES include/ap_mmn.h modules/proxy/mod_proxy.c modules/proxy/mod_proxy.h
Date Sun, 17 Jul 2005 15:56:06 GMT
At 12:12 AM 7/17/2005, wrote:
>Author: ianh
>Date: Sat Jul 16 22:12:10 2005
>New Revision: 219372
>This patch adds a new hook (request_status) that gets ran in proxy_handler
>just before the final return.  This gives modules an opportunity to do
>something based on the proxy status.
>new hook -- so mmn bump.. i made it a major one, hope thats ok

We only bump major when we -change- an existing API or drop an
API which is no longer supported.  E.g. anyone using the old
major might have been using something we no longer provide.

A new structure member (at the end of an httpd-allocated structure)
or new function are minor bumps; which this patch falls under.
The user updating should not need to update their module, because
the expectations when such modules were built have not changed.

View raw message