httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject ErrorDocument 'OK' behavior
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2005 00:04:24 GMT
The core and mod_cgi generate documents with the 'default'
response code - 200 OK is set before the handler is ever
invoked, or a non-200 code if they are handling an error.

This isn't true of some other modules, including mod_jk.
It's also not true of mod_cgi if the 'Status: 200' field
is passed to httpd.  In those cases, the "error" page returned
is a 200 OK, which is clearly wrong.

I was about to blame the design of mod_jk, however is there
any reason we shouldn't ensure this behavior, for httpd-2.1,
in the core http output filter?

I'll craft and commit such a patch after the next 1.3/2.0
releases, unless I anyone voices objections to re-overriding
the status, status_line values to their original error values.

Bill