httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject 1.3 and 2.0 releases?
Date Sat, 09 Jul 2005 03:43:34 GMT
I know a few folks were expecting this note last Friday...
here's the scoop.

Jeff's patch to 2.0 was lovely.  What's not lovely is that the
chunked request processing has been hosed since at least 2.0.54.
As much as I'd rather just commit his patch and release, there
is a deeper problem going on that I'm investigating.

Some of it seems to have to do with trailers and expected <CRLF>
values.  I'm not certain the 2.0 filters are doing the right thing.
It seems that the 2.1 filters are correct.

Until I can get 2.0 to serve all my test cases, it's somewhat
pointless to push out a release.

On the 1.3 side, I only see one remaining issue <undisclosed>
which I'll commit on Monday and push that out the door.  I've
asked for votes on a few patches which are falling on deaf ears.
If you are a 1.3 user, please review.

Bill