httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [Patch 2.0] d2i_SSL_SESSION args for 0.9.7f-/0.9.7g/0.9.8
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2005 14:17:29 GMT
At 01:48 AM 7/8/2005, Joe Orton wrote:
>On Thu, Jul 07, 2005 at 06:51:04PM -0500, William Rowe wrote:
>>
>> This resolves build issues which caused errors in 0.9.7f and
>> prior on Win32 and build failures on Netware.  This patch
>> correctly chooses the appropriate const-ness for 0.9.6, 0.9.7,
>> or 0.9.8 OpenSSL.  It needs to be verified on Netware since
>> my Win32 builds completely clean.
>
>-1, this is barely readable, using a #define as previously or a typedef
>in ssl_toolkit_compat.h is much cleaner.

Then we need three of them, but do we want to simplify this with
the appropriate version tests to...

#define MODSSL_CONST_D2I_SSL_SESSION   const
#define MODSSL_CONST_D2I_X509          const
#define MODSSL_CONST_D2I_PrivateKey    const

And simply use that as a modifier, so the reader can follow
that the type is an unsigned char * in the main code, without
going back to ssl_toolkit_compat.h?  Or us a full type, which
is less legible (requires the reader to know that D2I datum
are unsigned char *)?

Bill