httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Patch for 2.0.54 + OpenSSL 0.9.8
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2005 15:49:15 GMT
At 07:32 AM 7/5/2005, Georg v. Zezschwitz wrote:

>However, currently 2.0.54 cannot be built with 0.9.8beta6, as
>a pem.h-definition has changed. The OpenSSL-team considers this
>renaming as a bug correction, so compilation of mod_ssl will
>go on to fail.

I've committed that fix to both 2.0 and 2.1 trees, thank you!
In the future please separate each functional change into its
own patch.

>I have attached a patch to make mod_ssl compile with OpenSSL 0.9.8,
>and also added an SSL variable "SSL_COMP_METHOD" to allow logging
>(and other usages) of the negotiated compression method.

My concern is that older libraries would break under this patch.
Do we care?  I dunno - but just in case this is only committed to
the 2.1 dev branch for now.

I changed the variable name to SSL_COMPRESS_METHOD, to kill the
ambiguity of 'COMP'.  I've also added this to the StdEnvVars, since
its not unreasonable for a CGI to behave differently, knowing that
compression is already applied to the stream.

For that matter, mod_deflate aught to peek at this variable and
just get out of the way :)  Patches welcome.

Finally you had one small typo, a simple string compare was more
appropriate than a variable length compare (I was confused what
you ment, did you want to accept SSL_COMP_ME)?

The revised patch to 2.0.x is attached.  Thanks again!

Bill