httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Eli Marmor <mar...@netmask.it>
Subject Re: Missing Features of htdigest.c
Date Sun, 24 Jul 2005 15:07:00 GMT
Nick Kew wrote:

> in 2.1 and up brings it in line with basic authentication in terms
> of flexibility and options.

> Just upgrade to 2.1/2.2 and it's there.

It seems that I missed the option to use various providers (different
than file) with DIGEST, and it's silly of me, but the main question
remains:

There is a lot of functionality and many flags in htpasswd.c.

htdigest.c still doesn't have any of these, even in the TRUNK.
htdigest.c hasn't changed, almost at all, since it was first introduced.

Its only flag is still "-c" (i.e. create the password file), and there
is no optional parameter or flag.

As I wrote in my previous message, for example, the only way to add a
user or change a password from a program and non-interactively, is by
hacking with TIOCNOTTY and then piping the password twice into
htpasswd.

How can I use htdigest without the current limitations?

Thanks,
--
Eli Marmor
marmor@netmask.it