httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Sander Striker <stri...@apache.org>
Subject Re: mod_cache caching the 301 Moved Permanently
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2005 19:53:20 GMT
r.pluem@t-online.de wrote:
> Hansjoerg Pehofer wrote:
>
>>On Thu, Jul 07, 2005 at 09:22:25PM +0200, r.pluem@t-online.de wrote:
>>

>>>Have you checked http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/httpd-dev/200504.mbox/%3c4269705A.5060001@gmx.de%3e
  ?

>>>It contains a small patch which was not discussed any further here.
>>

>>Hi,
>>
>>i tried your patch today. Unfortunately
>>cache->handle->cache_obj->info.status isn't set during cache_out_filter(),
>>but cache->handle->status is.
>>(It gets set in mod_disk_cache.c:499 during recall_headers().)
>

> Many thanks for the feedback and the corrected patch. I checked my patch again
> and must admit that it does only make sense on Apache 2.1. For Apache 2.0.x your patch
> is the correct one.
>
> Question to the mod_cache gurus:
> While mod_mem_cache restores the status during recall_headers in Apache 2.0.54
> it seems that mod_mem_cache does not do this in Apache 2.1.x (Maybe fixed meanwhile
> my latest revision of mod_mem_cache.c is 178625 and viewcvs is currently down), whereas
> mod_disk_cache still does this in Apache 2.1.x in file_cache_recall_mydata which is
> called by open_entity. Is this behaviour intended?

2.0 is quite a bit behind when it comes to mod_cache.  mod_mem_cache has gotten
a lot less attention in 2.1 as mod_disk_cache has.

That said, in 2.1, I think we should restore status in mod_cache, not in the cache
providers.  Ofcourse, if that isn't possible for whatever reason, the restoration
has to be done in _all_ cache providers.  The above might explain the discrepancies...

Sander