httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r.pl...@t-online.de
Subject Re: mod_cache caching the 301 Moved Permanently
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2005 19:39:28 GMT

Hansjoerg Pehofer wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 07, 2005 at 09:22:25PM +0200, r.pluem@t-online.de wrote:
>
>>Have you checked http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/httpd-dev/200504.mbox/%3c4269705A.5060001@gmx.de%3e
  ?

>>It contains a small patch which was not discussed any further here.
>

> Hi,
>
> i tried your patch today. Unfortunately
> cache->handle->cache_obj->info.status isn't set during cache_out_filter(),
> but cache->handle->status is.
> (It gets set in mod_disk_cache.c:499 during recall_headers().)

Many thanks for the feedback and the corrected patch. I checked my patch again
and must admit that it does only make sense on Apache 2.1. For Apache 2.0.x your patch
is the correct one.

Question to the mod_cache gurus:
While mod_mem_cache restores the status during recall_headers in Apache 2.0.54
it seems that mod_mem_cache does not do this in Apache 2.1.x (Maybe fixed meanwhile
my latest revision of mod_mem_cache.c is 178625 and viewcvs is currently down), whereas
mod_disk_cache still does this in Apache 2.1.x in file_cache_recall_mydata which is
called by open_entity. Is this behaviour intended?

Regards

RĂ¼diger

[..cut..]