httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: Subrequests, keepalives, mod_proxy in 2.1
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2005 18:44:34 GMT
Akins, Brian wrote:

> From the best I can tell, subrequests do not get the benefits of keepalives
> in mod_proxy in 2.1.  What is the reason for this?

The original reason was that there was a one to one relationship between
a keepalive connection on the browser and a keepalive to the backend. A
subrequest could not be serviced by a backend keepalive, as that backend
could potentially have been in a proxied request already.

Proxy in 2.1 now has a connection pool, and my understanding is that
this restriction has fallen away - subrequests should take advantage of
the connection pool just like normal requests can.

Regards,
Graham