httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rian Hunter <r...@MIT.EDU>
Subject Re: Initial mod_smtpd code.
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2005 07:39:40 GMT
> Nifty! I had some compilation problems involving regex, so in the
> attached patch I use ap_regex.h and change some defines. Hope this
> doesn't break anything.

that was a good idea, ap_regex.h was implictly getting included for me.

> The other bug I partially fixed was, strstr in smtp_protocol.c only
> does exact matches so uppercase commands like MAIL FROM would fail.
> I added support for the upper case, but this needs to be improved
> still because mixed case doesn't work. Is there an APR function
> like stristr?

agh i forgot about an upper case FROM: or TO:.
process_smtp_connection_internal() already lowercases the actual
command, but not the rest of the params. Either MAIL from: or RCPT
to: would work, but not FROM or TO. Anyway, stristr can be easily
hacked by calling strstr with two lowercased strings.

> The overall structure and the approach you took is very nice, easy
> to understand. I would recommend adding a hook immediately upon the
> client connection, because an external module (maybe for DNSBLs, or
> some rate limiting control) might not even want us to return a
> greeting at all -- i.e. close with "554 Service unavailable" right
> away.

Hmm. That sounds like a good idea, maybe there already is a hook
defined that could deal with this, I'll look into it.

> But I like what you have, would be happy to keep working around
> this design.

Thanks! Do you now have svn access? After I apply your patches I'll
see about checking this in so more of us can deal with this code. It
sucks that most are busy with ApacheCon right now.

View raw message