httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r219520 - /httpd/httpd/branches/2.2.x/
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2005 17:51:28 GMT
> Thanks Paul, you just collided with the refactoring of 2.1.x proxy.

That isn't possible.  Trunk is still trunk.

> Thank you for not announcing this first.

That isn't necessary.

> Thank you for ignoring the entire user community in your zeal
> to move forward with ... what?

Preparing a tarball for later vote, as requested.

> Thank you for helping the entire dev community begin refactoring
> httpd 2.3 long before there is a 2.2 release to begin committing
> ... what?

Fuck refactoring.  You can refactor the code after it is released.
And after that we can create a 2.4 release if necessary.

> I see nothing going on in trunk that jeopardizes 2.2, I see alot
> of things that are unstable in 2.1-dev, and 2.1-dev is NOT BETA.

It isn't much of anything at the moment, nor is that relevant.

> The simplest thing I guess, going forward, since we all have the
> right to branch and copy as we will on dev, is to simply svn cp
> over your old work every time we feel like it.  There is no way
> you are declaring httpd-2.2 C-T-R yet, although that's what 2.2
> should be once branched.

Or you could simply keep working on trunk like everyone else
and let releases be made when a tarball gets three +1s.
Version numbers are cheap.  Telling the entire group to stop while
you work on the next big patch is extremely expensive.

....Roy