httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Maxime Petazzoni <maxime.petazz...@bulix.org>
Subject Re: mod_mbox and generate_index
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2005 03:26:07 GMT
Hi,

> I trying to build the standalone helper program generate_index that
> the catchup-archive script needs.  This program does not seem to be
> made by the makefile and the build-dso errors out looking for
> lucene4c headers. Any ideas?

Why do you need this program ? If you want to generate the DBMs used
by mod_mbox, it's not generate_index that you need, but
mod-mbox-util. It is compiled by the autotools.

Here's how I compile and setup mod_mbox (yes, I'll be writing a doc on
this later on, eg. at the end of the summer) :

First, make sure you have configured your Apache2 webserver correctly
by adding a config snippet like the following :

LoadModule mbox_module /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_mbox.so

AddHandler mbox-handler .mbox
<LocationMatch /archives/([^/]+)>
    MboxIndex On
</LocationMatch>

Then, checkout and compile mod_mbox :

% svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/mod_mbox/trunk/
% cd trunk/
% ./autogen.sh
% ./configure --with-apxs=/usr/bin/apxs2
[...]
% make clean all
% su
Password:
# make install
# /etc/init.d/apache2 restart

Finally, rsync a mail archive and generate the database :

# mkdir -p /var/www/archives
# cd $_
# rsync -avr svn.apache.org::public-arch/httpd.apache.org/dev/ dev/
# cd dev/
# for i in *.gz ; do gunzip -c $i > ${i%*.gz}.mbox ; done
# cp `date +%Y%m` `date +%Y%m`.mbox
# ~/trunk/module-2.0/mod-mbox-util -v -c /var/www/archives/dev
# chown -R www-data:www-data /var/www/archives/

Then, go to http://localhost/archives/dev/

- Sam

--
Maxime Petazzoni (http://www.bulix.org)
 -- gone crazy, back soon. leave message.