httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jem Berkes <jb-ht...@users.pc9.org>
Subject Re: Initial mod_smtpd code.
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2005 04:57:46 GMT
> This is my first attempt at writing an experimental version of mod_smtpd. I
> don't yet have svn access yet so this code can be downloaded from
> http://rian.merseine.nu/mod_smtpd-0.1.tar.gz.

Nifty! I had some compilation problems involving regex, so in the attached
patch I use ap_regex.h and change some defines. Hope this doesn't break
anything.

The other bug I partially fixed was, strstr in smtp_protocol.c only does
exact matches so uppercase commands like MAIL FROM would fail. I added
support for the upper case, but this needs to be improved still because
mixed case doesn't work. Is there an APR function like stristr?

The overall structure and the approach you took is very nice, easy to
understand. I would recommend adding a hook immediately upon the client
connection, because an external module (maybe for DNSBLs, or some rate
limiting control) might not even want us to return a greeting at all --
i.e. close with "554 Service unavailable" right away.

But I like what you have, would be happy to keep working around this
design.