httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Maxime Petazzoni <maxime.petazz...@bulix.org>
Subject Re: mod_mbox user interface
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2005 01:34:04 GMT
Hi again,

> The homepage of a mailing list archive will display the list of
> available mailboxes (as it does now), and for each mailbox, it will
> propose something like this :
>
> July 2005    Browse (242 messages)
>              (or browse by date, author or thread)
>
> Each of the three bottom links (date, author, thread) are links to the
> simple interface. This line may be displayed smaller than the "main"
> link.

After a quick chat with chipig on #apache-modules, we found a better
solution : these links will be build via Javascript. If the browser
can do Javascript, the 'Browse' link will be displayed (and the three
others in small under it). Otherwise, only the three browsing method
links will be shown.

> +---------------+  +------------------------------------------------+
> | Box list      |  | Message list          Threads | Authors | Date |
> +---------------+  +------------------+------------------+----------+
> | Jul 2005  242 |  | Maxime Petazzoni | mod_mbox         | Jun 26th |
> |*Jun 2005**561*|  | Paul Querna      |   Re: mod_mbox   | Jun 27th |
> | May 2005  478 |  |

I've made a small and simple mockup in order to give a better idea of
what it could look like. You can find it at
http://blog.bulix.org/pics/soc-2005/mockup.jpg

- Sam

--
Maxime Petazzoni (http://www.bulix.org)
 -- gone crazy, back soon. leave message.