httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: [Patch 1.3] Strict proxy C-L / T-E conformance
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2005 17:09:10 GMT
Joe Orton wrote:

> An empty string, right: I think it's certainly correct to treat that as
> invalid C-L header;

Bill just asked Roy about this very question.

> indeed some strtol's themselves set errno for that
> case.  (the perl-framework C-L tests picked up this inconsistency a
> while back)

This is also noted in the comments when we fixed the invalid
c-l logic (overflow/underflow) some time ago.

> There is no case where strtol will set len_end = NULL so the first half
> of the conditional is redundant.  (also len_end was not NULL-initialized
> so if it was an attempt to catch cases where strtol does *not* set
> len_end, it was not correct ;)

This was, iirc, to handle cases where a strtol could possibly set it
to NULL; someone, can't recall who, seemed to remember one implementation
which did that, so we just figured to-hell-with-it and add a safety
check, just in case :)

                     "Sith happens"  -  Yoda