httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Maxime Petazzoni <maxime.petazz...@bulix.org>
Subject Re: Questions from a newbie
Date Sun, 03 Jul 2005 03:47:53 GMT
Hi Jem,

> 1) ap_hook_* functions... obviously, there are lots of these that
> are used to register hooks. Where can I find a reference list of the
> available functions? I'm looking through code of modules, and it
> leaves me wondering, how would I know what hook possibilities exist?
>
> 2) I'm having trouble navigating and finding facilities I
> need. Let's say I was looking for something that turns out to be
> satisfied by ap_fwrite(), in the API for filters. Where should I
> start, to lead myself to finding that function? I thought
> apr.apache.org but Google shows no mention of ap_fwrite within that
> site.

You can take a look at the autogenerated Apache documentation
[1]. It's a doxygen result, but it's a good reference. It also
contains the informations on hooks or function reference you are
looking for [2].

This is the main documentation I use while programming on an Apache
module (it's also my first time : mod_mbox for Google's Soc). You can
also browse the module API documentation [3] for additionnal
information on module design (first link on page).

- Sam

[1] http://docx.webperf.org/
[2] http://docx.webperf.org/group__APR__Util__Hook.html
[3] http://modules.apache.org/reference

--
Maxime Petazzoni (http://www.bulix.org)
 -- gone crazy, back soon. leave message.