httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Matthieu Estrade <mestr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: mod_smtpd design.
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2005 10:15:19 GMT
I agree with you, but when i tried to do this in the module you can find in
www.apache.org/~mestrade/ , i found many dependencies in some *http* files.
request_rec is defined in httpd.h and i think it will not be clean to handle
some smtp data in a file with a name containing http, that's why i am speaking
about code refactoring in an email before.

Maybe it's too late in 2.1 to refactor the code. I think we need to know  what
httpd mentor think about this problem, if we can fork code, release 2.2 and
start a 2.3 with this new protocol architecture etc...

Matthieu