httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Sascha Kersken" ...@lingoworld.de>
Subject Re: 2.0.55 Release
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2005 19:22:34 GMT
Hi Nick,

> Are you aware that 2.1.x has builtin SQL support, through the apr_dbd
> framework?  There's a MySQL driver for it, although it's not bundled
> with Apache because it's GPL (for MySQL compatibility), and that's
> not compatible with distribution from the ASF.

I read about it on this list and find it very interesting, but
unfortunately, I did not have the chance to try it out yet - my publisher
would kill me for exceeding the deadline any longer ;-).
Although I think it will not alter the way PHP/MySQL applications (the
book's main topic) work dramatically right now, I still think it's a
fascinating new feature and that some day soon, I should write a feature
article about it for the book's companion web site. So thank you for your
hint.

Regards
Sascha