httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Sergio Leonardi" <sleona...@etnoteam.it>
Subject RE: mod-cache-requestor plan
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2005 09:17:25 GMT
Hi I can just tell you something on point #2.
In my opinion mod-cache-requester should pass in the regeneration request
what a normal user should pass to the system (e.g. cookies, header variables
and so on) because a portion of these data can be relevant in order to
generate the page correctly.
mod-cache currently keeps track of HTTP response (header and body), I think
the best is to keep track of HTTP request too in order to re-run a copy of
it to regenerate the page.
Does it makes sense?

	Sergio

-----Original Message-----
From: Parin Shah [mailto:parin.soc@gmail.com]
Sent: mercoledì 20 luglio 2005 8.34
To: dev@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: mod-cache-requestor plan

Hi All,

We are now almost at consesus about this new mod-cache-requester
module's mechanism. and now I believe its good time to start
implementing the module.

But before I could do that, I need some help from you guys.

- I am now comfortable with mod-cache, mod-mem-cache, cache_storage.c,
cache_util.c etc.

- But still not too sure how to implement couple of things.

1. How to start the new thread/process for mod-cache-requester when
server start. any similar piece of code would help me a lot.

2. how mod-cache-requester can generate the sub request just to reload
the content in the cache.

3. In current scheme, whenever mod-cache-requester pulls first entry
from pqueue ('refresh' queue) it re-requests it to reload. now by the
time this re-request is done, page might actually have been expired
and removed from cache. in such case should mod-cache reload it or
should wait for next legitimate request.

Your thoughts on any/all on these issues would be really helpful.

Thanks
Parin.