httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Watchdog code for Apache
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2005 10:55:16 GMT
> Jeff Trawick wrote:
> > On 6/4/05, Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com> wrote:
> >
> >>It also seems better for the watchdog code to run in Apache's
> >>master process than to fork off a separate process.

> >>My current thinking is to use ap_wait_or_timeout and:
> >

> > create a hook that runs there
>
> Agreed.  I've made a patch for that: it works in place of my previous
> watchdog code, and offers a better solution.  Any objections to
> my committing it?

not really

I think that something more generic than "watchdog" is appropriate,
but I don't have any good idea for a hook name.  "monitor" is only
slightly more generic.

Windows folks: Where would this hook have to run from the Windows MPM
in order for a scoreboard-monitoring-module to be able to access the
same type of information at appropriate intervals?