httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <jwool...@virginia.edu>
Subject Re: event MPM works with mod_ssl
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2005 15:05:14 GMT
On Mon, 27 Jun 2005, Greg Ames wrote:

> my biggest hurdle in getting the event MPM to work with mod_ssl was learning how
> to create a self signed server cert with openssl.
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/ssl/ssl_faq.html#ownca is very good but refers
> to a sign.sh script that I couldn't find in httpd-2.x .  I assume sign.sh was
> part of the 1.3 mod_ssl distro when it was separate from httpd.

That is correct.  It was removed intentionally (I think it was someone
trying to discourage self-signed certificates?) but the docs were never
updated to tell you how to do what it does, which is kind of a bummer.

Personally I always just do a google search for sign.sh and use the old
one anyway.

--Cliff