httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject REQUEST_CHUNKED_PASS Q for 2.x TraceEnable [on|off|extended]
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2005 13:59:12 GMT
Does anyone see a reason not to resurrect REQUEST_CHUNKED_PASS?

The 'TraceEnable extended' semantics include the entire body
handshaking for bodies < 64kb (rejecting larger bodies as
memory hogs).  The body = REQUEST_CHUNKED_PASS; line ensures
that the user sees the entire conversation.

This appears gone from 2.x, but it remains useful if unfiltered.
In fact, using some sort of metadata bucket with text, flagging
the bucket as a chunk header, makes a certain sort of sense to me.

I'll work up a patch this weekend if there is no objection.

Bill