httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <>
Subject Re: Removing AddOutputFilterByType
Date Sun, 19 Jun 2005 16:47:57 GMT
Uhm, yes.  Most definately object.  Trying to map ever type
that resolves back to, say, text/*, or text/html, would be
an unnecessary pain.

I'll look at those reports though, I still have some neurons
of info about how/why it was implemented; perhaps I can help
on those PR tickets.  After my HTTP Request proxy test cluster
is done so I'm happy with our solutions to the Watchfire report.

At 11:33 AM 6/19/2005, Nick Kew wrote:
>AddOutputFilterByType has always been problematic.  I see there's another bug
>Since the purpose of this directive is now available from mod_filter, does
>anyone object if I simply yank AddOutputFilterByType from 2.1?
>I've hacked a quick patch just to remove it.  If people are happy with it,
>I'll test it and commit, and add a note to the docs about replacing it.
>Nick Kew

View raw message