httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <>
Subject Re: BUG in apache?????
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2005 16:55:35 GMT
At 10:34 AM 6/17/2005, luca regini wrote:

>The problem shows itself with the following simple module.
>When the hook is of type "ap_hook_post_read_request" per dir configuration is not   instantiated

Not a bug; nobody has started to break down the incoming
request yet to figure out any location.  translate name
and map to storage come afterwards.

mod_security and so on would be useless.  They would be unable
to examine the unprocessed request and determine some value.

FWIW - even if we did instantiate a value for the per dir config,
it would be discarded soon after post read request.  It's not the
appropriate hook to look at that member of the request struct.

Please review;

and remember that post read request isn't even a request hook!!!
It's a connection hook that happens before request processing.

View raw message