httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <>
Subject Re: HTTPD 2.1 (Head) Build issues for NetWare...
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2005 14:42:22 GMT
At 11:25 AM 6/16/2005, Greg Marr wrote:
>At 12:01 PM 6/16/2005, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>>Back to httpd land; the question is --- is this the right choice for *our tarballs*?
 Which may or may not be related to the question above.  In any case; this is useful metadata
even for end users who build the package for the reasons I mentioned; does anyone have a desire/justification
to lose the commit dates and use the RM's checkout date?
>It seems to me that modification or commit date/time is the right choice for *tarballs*.

Ok.  Other folks have thoughts about this?

>Checkout date/time is generally the right choice for developers, because otherwise make
doesn't always pick up when a file has changed.  (I've been bit by the Visual SourceSafe "modification
time" default enough times.)

Although - heh - you are assuming the order of the checked out
files happen to be stacked so that the dependency happens to be
a fraction of a second older than the target :)

To clarify, the last tarballs WERE checkout/export time stamped.

View raw message