httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: HTTPD 2.1 (Head) Build issues for NetWare...
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2005 16:01:11 GMT
At 09:59 AM 6/16/2005, Sander Striker wrote:
>William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> * The most recent tarballs have been pulled together with SVN's
>>   absolutely bogus default of [miscellany] use-commit-times = no
>>   (see your ~/.svn/config, where you can uncomment this section
>>   and option).
>
>Bill, I wish you would stop calling things bogus without doing the
>research why this is the default.

That's reasonable; does anyone want to point me to the thread
that justified this as the best-choice default?  [I suspect I
asked about this once before.]

Back to httpd land; the question is --- is this the right choice
for *our tarballs*?  Which may or may not be related to the question
above.  In any case; this is useful metadata even for end users who
build the package for the reasons I mentioned; does anyone have
a desire/justification to lose the commit dates and use the RM's
checkout date?

Bill