httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: 2.1.5 on Friday
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2005 23:09:26 GMT
At 07:23 AM 6/15/2005, Jorge Schrauwen wrote:
>NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'msdev' : return code '0x1'
>Stop.
>NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"E:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
>.NET 2003\VC7\BIN\nmake.exe"' : return code '0x2'
>Stop.
>--- end output ---
>
>msdev.exe is not part of vs.net 200x i think that might be the problem.

That's easy, actually.  We manage .dsw/.dsp projects, because that
was the LAST version microsoft allowed a 'save as .mak' option for.

And of course, upgrading is easy.  Simply load Apache.dsw, and your
Dev Studio will write out the .sln/.vcproj files.

Once the .sln/.vcproj files exist - Makefile.win uses them, instead!
Simply 'convert', and then build from the command line...

>Opening apache.dsw and converting it to an sln file.
>And fixing libapr.rc, libapriconv.rc and libapeutil.rc.
>Then building from IDE works fine. Accept for the config file problem.

And... now... command line build -should- work for you.  But there
are a few files, the .rc's, the .conf's, which are generated from
awk.

Obviously, your version of awk is simply borked.  We went through
this with gnu awk some time ago.  Strongly suggest you follow the
directions about obtaining awk to the letter.  gawk 3.0.6, IIRC,
was the flavor that was particularly useless.

Keep in mind that cygwin awk really isn't a windows utility, it's
a cygwin utility.  This is part of the reason that mixing and
matching cygwin binaries can cause such hassles.

If you come up with any minor changes to the awk scripts which
cause them to work with both cygwin's binary and typical win32
binaries of awk, we would be happy to entertain them!

Bill