httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Ames <grega...@remulak.net>
Subject Re: event MPM works with mod_ssl
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2005 16:44:50 GMT
Paul Querna wrote:

> Yes... I believe it will 'mostly' work, but the issue becomes tricky
> once you consider the SSL protocol.  The problem is we might have an
> entire pipe-lined request buffered inside the SSL Packets, and
> therefore, never trigger the socket to come out of the poll().  For
> simple test cases, it might work, but I am pretty sure a malicious
> attack would be easy to create.

hmmm...I assume the poll() on the listening socket works ok or worker would be
busted too.  then as long as we call the input filters to read the request
without poll()ing first to see if the new SSL socket is readable, we should be
ok.  if we completely drain the input filters, we should be reading from the SSL
input filters at the same time, so then it should be safe to poll().  or have I
missed something?

>>we do have PR 34040 open which says event is broken on Solaris 10.  does
>>anyone have a Solaris 10 box where I can get an ID for testing?
>

> The ASF has Helios, a quad opteron running solaris 10.  httpd has
> requested a Zone on there, but one has not been created yet...

could you let me/us know when this is set up?  I unsubscribed from
infrastructure@ due to the high volume of "my id is broken" posts.

thanks,
Greg