httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Sander Striker <stri...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HTTPD 2.1 (Head) Build issues for NetWare...
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2005 14:59:22 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> At 09:43 AM 6/16/2005, Brad Nicholes wrote:
>
>>   I have run into this one also and I still don't understand why the make is all
of the sudden asking for yacc when this all worked before.  Since neither mod_ssl nor BSD
sockets are part of the standard NetWare build, this isn't a show stopper.  But I would like
to understand what happened and how to fix it.

> If I had to guess;
>
>  * The most recent tarballs have been pulled together with SVN's
>    absolutely bogus default of [miscellany] use-commit-times = no
>    (see your ~/.svn/config, where you can uncomment this section
>    and option).

Bill, I wish you would stop calling things bogus without doing the
research why this is the default.

>    This means they are checkout dates, which are entirely useless.
>    It means any dependencies that WOULD be resolved by our commit
>    order are no longer resolved and force rebuilds.

>  * There was an extra 'touch' to the datestamps for these files
>    at one time; this may not have occurred in the last package.

The scripts in httpd-dist/ to create the packages most certainly
do touch the files.

>  * Depending on the tool used to unpack the source tarball, that
>    tool might not be date preserving; this would invalidate anything
>    we attempted above to prevent rebuilding these targets.

Sander