httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: Watchdog code for Apache
Date Sat, 04 Jun 2005 22:31:46 GMT
Nick Kew wrote:

> A little while back, I hacked up a quick&dirty experimental watchdog
> module.  It forks a watchdog process in the pre_mpm hook, which then
> watches the scoreboard and kills any process in which some request
> has taken more than some predefined time.

Depends on what "taken more time" means. I am currently in the deepest
backwater of the internet (in fact I think South Africa is officially
the slowest area of the net), and many requests for us "take a long
time". If the predetermined time is too short, we may find some parts of
the net inaccessible to us.

Regards,
Graham