httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: problems w/ geronimo wiki (cache???)
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2005 22:17:14 GMT
--On Wednesday, June 8, 2005 12:09 AM +0200 Sander Striker
<striker@apache.org> wrote:

>> Yes you are right I forgot this. So I think this would be better:

FWIW, I *think* the patch should return result rather than the value of
ap_pass_brigade.  (Although I have a feeling that might not be correct,
either.)

> I'm pondering if we shouldn't just abort() right here (wrap it in debug
> defines
> maybe) and fix all the core modules.
>
> OTOH, we can decide the modules aren't broken at all.  Whatever we do will
> require some documenting on what a module should and should not do.

Yah, I don't really know what the right thing to do is here.  I know that
when we did the mod_proxy fix, we had agreed that the handler was broken
and it should always be sending an EOS.  My gut still says that's right;
but the failure case is downright nasty.  -- justin