httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: error
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2005 19:34:06 GMT
On Mon, Jun 27, 2005 at 02:46:23PM -0400, Cliff Woolley wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Jun 2005, Gustavo A. Baratto wrote:
>
> > prefork.c:103: error: syntax error before '*' token
> > prefork.c:103: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
> > gmake[4]: *** [prefork.lo] Error 1
> > gmake[4]: Leaving directory
> > `/home/admin2/src/httpd-2.0.54/server/mpm/prefork'
>

> Hmm, I'm not really sure how this never came up before.
>
> prefork.c:103 says:
>     static ap_pod_t *pod;
>
> struct ap_pod_t is defined in mpm_common.h but only if AP_MPM_USES_POD is
> defined.  server/mpm/prefork/mpm.h does define this symbol.  But prefork.c
> does not include mpm.h at all, whereas it would have to do so prior to
> including mpm_common.h to pick up the definition of this data type.

mpm_common.h does itself include mpm.h fortunately, otherwise the
ceiling would indeed have fallen in ;)

Gustova can you do:

cd server/mpm/prefork
make CFLAGS=-E prefork.lo

and then upload the preprocessed output "prefork.o" somewhere?  Possibly
you're picking up an installed mpm.h which was generated for a different
MPM, or something like that.

joe