httpd-dev mailing list archives

From ed elliott <eddiearm...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: 2.1.5 on Friday
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2005 15:37:43 GMT
i have vs.net and vc 6 - when i ran it from a vs.net cmd line I had the same problem so I ran
vcvars.bat (from vc 6)  and then I was able to compile it ( httpd-trunk but I had the same
errors you got ).

Jorge Schrauwen <info@blackdot.be> wrote:
Building via cmd seems to be completly broke. (atleast using vs.net
2002 or 2003) (awk is placed in c:\GnuWin32\Bin, the folder path is
included in path variable so all console programs can find it.)

I've redownloaded "httpd-2.1.3-beta.tar.gz", place apr-iconv in the
srclib folder. ran lineends.pl to fix the line endings.

here is the output from the cmd.

--- output ---
E:\httpd-2.1.3-beta>nmake /f Makefile.win installr

Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 7.10.3077

INSTDIR = \Apache2
SERVERNAME = localhost
PORT = 80

To change these options use 'nmake /f Makefile.win [option=value]'
Example: nmake /f Makefile.win PORT=8080

Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 7.10.3077

Building Win32 Release targets (R suffixes)
'msdev' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'msdev' : return code '0x1'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"E:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
.NET 2003\VC7\BIN\nmake.exe"' : return code '0x2'
Stop.
--- end output ---

msdev.exe is not part of vs.net 200x i think that might be the problem.

Opening apache.dsw and converting it to an sln file.
And fixing libapr.rc, libapriconv.rc and libapeutil.rc.
Then building from IDE works fine. Accept for the config file problem.

If you would like me to try something or want more information.
Ask here, i'll be watching this thread for a while.

(PS: starting from next week I won't have time to get online much
because of exames)