From: Balaji [mailto:rbalaji@firstam.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 04, 2005 3:11 PM
To: dev@httpd.apache.org
Subject: apache httpd with C++ on AIX

Hi,

            I am trying to compile an apache httpd module using a makefile and not using apxs. But when I try to boot apache, it throws the following error

Syntax error on line 238 of /home/rbalaji/usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf:

Cannot load /home/rbalaji/usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_dyso.so into server: \t0

509-026 System error: Cannot run a file that does not have a valid format.

Looks like apxs binds in some flags and generates some register functions into the files before compiling. I am really not sure what it does.

            But originally, if I have a class keyword in my source files, apxs doesnot compile it at all. I am using xlc compiler on AIX and I have configured apache to use this compiler before the configure stage itself. Can anybody tell me what the missing link is? Is it impossible to work with C++ on apache. (sounds illogical though)

Your help will really really be significant to solve one of our problems.

Regards,
Balaji