httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r169535 - /httpd/httpd/branches/1.3.x/src/modules/standard/mod_log_forensic.c
Date Wed, 11 May 2005 06:05:43 GMT
At 11:51 PM 5/10/2005, André Malo wrote:

>>  . builds and the old tid:time:pid format is good still on unix.
>
>What happend to the good ol' RTC?

<shrug> happy to revert it.  mod_log_forensic certainly isn't in
the --modules-most list - and was a typical example of an explicitly
thread-unsafe module.  (statics that never needed to be static?  grumf.)
I considered this a platform patch from the moment I converted it.

I had actually written logic (long gone now after two pool rewrites
to APR) which explicitly made the pool memory associated with conf
data read-only (to the point of segfaulting the server if the
contract was violated.)  Essentially 1) it's bad practice and 2) 99%
of the time it's an actual bug.

Actually I presumed one of the five people on this list that still
bother to test 1.3 on a regular basis would comment fairly quickly.

I do have a second patch (in just a moment) which applies to the
core, which I intended for R-T-C from the get-go.  It's a cool idea,
not a must-have-to-build.

Bill