httpd-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Branch 2.1.x on May 13
Date Tue, 03 May 2005 14:47:11 GMT
At 03:24 AM 5/3/2005, Paul Querna wrote:
>William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>>>This has somewhat turned into the real question, What are the show
>>>stoppers for a 2.2 GA Branch?
>>>If you believe an issue is a show stopper for a GA Branch, please add it
>>>to the STATUS File.
>> So to amend your original proposal; on May 13;
>>   * tagging an alpha candidate
>>   * identifying all showstoppers to GA
>Whats wrong with updating the STATUS File today?
>AFAIK, the only other major issue is to do with apr-iconv 1.x
>conflicting with apr-iconv 0.9.x. -- and as previously discussed, this
>does not affect most unix platforms, since they do not use apr-iconv.  I
>don't have the best understanding of this issue, since it doesn't effect
>me, but if no one else does it, I will add it later today to the STATUS
>Are there other issues anyone believes to be show stoppers?
>Get them out on the table now. Waiting for another 'alpha' is silly.  If
>something is so detrimental to block making a 'beta' release, it should
>be documented so everyone knows about it, and we can get more ideas on
>how to fix it.

You are talking about beta showstoppers; and yes I will have iconv
ready to release this week.  Think we have consensus on the fix.

But I'm asking about the showstoppers to GA.  I want that list, to
know we won't be stalled in the beta phase for long.

I'll add what I know of.


View raw message