httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: Apache DBD: completing the toolkit
Date Wed, 18 May 2005 09:06:58 GMT
Joe Orton wrote:
> On Mon, May 16, 2005 at 11:40:29AM +0100, Nick Kew wrote:
>
>>(2) mod_dbd is a utility for other modules, which it serves by
>>    exporting three functions, best explained by a brief extract
>>    from mod_dbd.h:

> In terms of API, I'd much rather see *just* the optional function
> exports to avoid encouraging more module-load-ordering dependencies,

Hmmm.

Given that it's an essential - not an optional - prerequisite for
at least some other modules, the simpler, faster AP_DECLARE would
seem appropriate, too.

Anyone else?

 and
> certainly must use the ap_dbd_* namespace not dbd_* if you weren't
> planning that rename already.

I made that change locally yesterday:-)

> Some basic review of mod_dbd.c itself:
>
> - should use APR apr_is* macros rather than is* directly
> - a few style nits here and there -- whitespace around inside if
>   conditions ( ... ), switch etc
> - some unhealthy looking casts of functions to (void *) used
>   as cleanups, child_init hook

I know Paul plans some (different) enhancements once it's in SVN -
we discussed them on IRC.  There's always more to be done:-)

Thanks for the comments:-)

--
Nick Kew