httpd-dev mailing list archives

From NormW <no...@bocnet.com.au>
Subject Re: Apache 1.3 and NetWare.... build problems...
Date Tue, 17 May 2005 20:45:13 GMT
Good morning and thanks for the time taken.
The Cygwin sed is one I was sent recently; I had been using the GnuWin32
versions with no success. When the winsock2 header is relocated as you
suggest then it should all glue together.

Thanks for the time and clarifications,
Regards,
Norm

Brad Nicholes wrote:
>    The winsock2 headers need to be in the same path as the other NWSDK headers.  In other
words, they should be found within the path:

> Set NWSDKDIR=c:\novell\ndk\nwsdk
>
> For SED, I am doing the same thing that you are which is using the cygwin tools
>
> Set GNUTOOLS=c:\prg\tools\cygwin
>
> which works just fine.
>
> Brad

> Good evening,...
> ..and apologies if this is wearing thin, but after updating the local
> trunk copy of Apache 1.3, I still see the following error:
>

>>C:\Projects\svn\apache-1.3>make -f NWGNUmakefile
>>Building C:/Projects/svn/apache-1.3/src
>>Generating Release\cc.opt
>>Creating dependancy list for main_nlm.c
>>Building C:/Projects/svn/apache-1.3/src/ap
>>Generating Release\cc.opt
>>Creating dependancy list for ap_base64.c
>>### mwccnlm Compiler:
>>#      In: C:\novell\ndk\nwsdk\include\nlm\ws2nlm.h
>>#    From: ap_base64.c
>># --------------------
>>#     116:  # include <winsock2.h>
>>#   Error:                       ^
>>#   the file 'winsock2.h' cannot be opened
>>#   (included from:
>>#       os.h:41
>>#       ap_config.h:73
>>#       ap_base64.c:24)
>

> There is only one location where I can find the 'missing' header and
> that isn't on the Include list...
>
> And unless there was a recent update, the apachetools.zip from last year
> didn't have SED in it and the developer page suggests it is the same.
>
> Set NWSDKDIR=c:\novell\ndk\nwsdk
> Set LDAPSDK=c:\novell\ndk\cldapsdk
> Set AP_WORK=c:\projects\svn\apache-1.3
> Set GNUTOOLS=c:\prg\tools\cygwin
> Set MULTIPROC=1
> Set WS295SDK=c:\novell\ws295sdk   <= found winsock2.h in here;
>
> Regards,
> Norm
>
> Brad Nicholes wrote:
>
>>The documentation has just been updated.  Apache 1.3 for NetWare is a CLib application
rather than LibC.  It was incorrectly referencing the wrong SDK.  You should be downloading
and using the CLib SDK from http://developer.novell.com/ndk/clib.htm  As far as SED goes,
I don't know why the 4.1.4 version wouldn't work.  Once you get the right CLib SDK loaded,
I think everything else will come together.