httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Querna <c...@force-elite.com>
Subject [VOTE] 2.2.0 Alpha on Friday
Date Thu, 12 May 2005 01:48:22 GMT
Based on the results from the  '[PROPOSAL] Branch 2.1.x on May 13',
there are enough positive votes create the 2.1.x branch on this Friday:

+1: justin, Brad, Sander, (me)
-1: wrowe
+1, but latter discussed problems: Jim

Instead of calling it branches/2.1.x, on IRC wrowe suggested going
straight to branches/2.2.x, and on further thought I agree.

There is little point is calling it 2.1.x, if its only purpose is to
become 2.2.x.  If we really want to move forward towards GA, we should
just start on 2.2.x releases, and use the standard -alpha, and -beta
names on the tarbals, until one is good enough for GA.  I doubt that the
first alpha will be perfect, but the version numbers are cheap.

My intention is to roll 2.2.0-alpha on Friday or early Saturday, after
copying trunk to branches/2.2.x.  This is different from the original
details of the '[PROPOSAL] Branch 2.1.x on May 13' thread, but the
result is the same.

Votes on going straight to 2.2.0-alpha?