httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rasmus Lerdorf <ras...@lerdorf.com>
Subject Re: Timeout for requests
Date Tue, 03 May 2005 20:37:55 GMT
Ivan Barrera A. wrote:
> How about linux ? how about Windows ? how about (put your favorite OS
> here) ?

Linux has SO_ACCEPTFILTER which doesn't trigger the accept until there
is data, so accept filtering works on Linux too.  Windows?  No idea.
But I bet an Apache DoS would be the least of your worries there.

> Well.. First time i heard about httpready (which looks really nice).
> I've been looking for something like this.. how come nobody mention it
> before ?

It's in the docs.

> And final, why can't apache itself have some decent DoS avoiding feature
> ? not always there will be 3┬║rd party tools to help on that..

It's there in Apache for operating systems that provide mechanisms to
help.  If you have suggestions for how to do it on other operating
systems, please send a patch.

-Rasmus