httpd-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Paul Querna <>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Branch 2.1.x on May 13
Date Tue, 03 May 2005 08:24:21 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>>This has somewhat turned into the real question, What are the show
>>stoppers for a 2.2 GA Branch?
>>If you believe an issue is a show stopper for a GA Branch, please add it
>>to the STATUS File.
> So to amend your original proposal; on May 13;
>   * tagging an alpha candidate
>   * identifying all showstoppers to GA
> and if that list is short enough, we will be able to read how long
> the window from 2.1-dev to 2.2 GA actually is, and if we are fitting
> into something that resembles a one month timeframe.

Whats wrong with updating the STATUS File today?

AFAIK, the only other major issue is to do with apr-iconv 1.x
conflicting with apr-iconv 0.9.x. -- and as previously discussed, this
does not affect most unix platforms, since they do not use apr-iconv.  I
don't have the best understanding of this issue, since it doesn't effect
me, but if no one else does it, I will add it later today to the STATUS

Are there other issues anyone believes to be show stoppers?

Get them out on the table now. Waiting for another 'alpha' is silly.  If
something is so detrimental to block making a 'beta' release, it should
be documented so everyone knows about it, and we can get more ideas on
how to fix it.


View raw message