httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Rehman Adil \(KI/EAB\)" <rehman.a...@ericsson.com>
Subject Urgent Please : Loadbalancing Tomcat using Apache
Date Thu, 12 May 2005 15:33:50 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to use Apache 2.0 on windows to load balance three tomcat
workers using  mod_jk(mod_jk_1.2.6_2.0.50.dll).
When I browse the URL  (http://localhost/jsp-examples/index.jsp), Apache
does not forward the request as I get the following in the Apache log file.

File does not exist: C:/apache/Apache2/htdocs/jsp-examples/index.jsp

This means that Apache is not delegating the request to the tomcat workers.
Although, I have defined the jsp-examples context in the
conf/worker2.properties
file like  this:

# Map the Tomcat jsp-examples webapp to the Web server uri space
[uri:/jsp-examples/*.jsp]
info=mapping the jsp-examples context of Tomcat
context=/jsp-examples
group=balanced

In each Tomcat worker, I have a jk2.properties file with different ports,
which looks like this.

channelSocket.port=8009
channelSocket.address=localhost
shm.file=c:/cluster/apache/jk2.shm

Any help will be HIGHLY appreciated.
Please have a quick look on the attached files.
Note that I am doing it on Windows 2000. workers2.properties and httpd.conf are in conf folder
of apache.
I have also attached the server.xml and jk.properties file, server.xml and web.xml which
are present on each tomcat worker with the only difference of port number becoz I am trying
all the Tomcat workers
on one machine.

Any clue ? What could be the reason ?

Regards,