httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Bennett, Tony - CNF" <>
Subject RE: problem starting apache - __mcount runtime defn not found.
Date Fri, 06 May 2005 14:37:24 GMT
If you compiled your module with a "-p" or "-pg" argument, then
the compiler will insert a call to mcount() at the beginning of
each function.  This could explain how you have an unresolved
reference.  It could be that the system's profile libraries
were not included in the library search path.  Here's what
they are (taken from /etc/vac.cfg):
	AIX 4.3.3:
	AIX 5.1.0:

For more specific compiling and DSO questions, you might consider
posting on the comp.unix.aix newsgroup:

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Trawick []
Sent: Friday, May 06, 2005 5:17 AM
Subject: Re: problem starting apache - __mcount runtime defn not found.

On 5/5/05, Balaji <> wrote:

>             I have built an apache dso using the make system on AIX.
> But when I do an "apachectl startssl", it throws the following error:
> Cannot load
> /home/rbalaji/usr/local/apache2/modules/ into
> server: rtl
> d: 0712-001 Symbol __mcount was referenced\n      from module
> /home/rbalaji/usr/

Maybe that symbol will be familar to folks on the aix usenet group.

>  ...  I am using makeC++SharedLib to link and xlC_r to compile my
> sources.

Check how apxs+libtool will compile a plain C module, and take those
commands and change as little as necessary to deal with C++ (maybe just
change linker and compiler to xlC_r???) and see if that helps.
Set environment variable LTFLAGS to a space prior to invoking apxs so
that you'll see the low-level commands which get issued.

View raw message